Gift Aid is a government scheme to encourage people to give to charity. Under the scheme, money given to charities -including Girlguiding subscriptions - is eligible for tax relief.

You can work out the amount of tax you can reclaim by dividing the amount donated through subscriptions by four. This means that for every £1 donated, you can claim an extra 25 pence so by applying for a Gift Aid number you can increase your unit funds.

To register your unit or to make a declaration, please click here to download the following documents:

  • Gift Aid Registration Form
  • Gift Aid Certificate
  • Gift Aid Information Pack
If at first the form seems complicated, contact one of your guiding colleagues in your District or Division for help. If you don’t claim this money then it will stay in the government’s bank account!